We are passionate about providing a library which meets the demands of our thriving community and aims to build on the current services offered to create a vibrant hub in the heart of Moorland Road.
However, none of this will be possible without the help and support of a dedicated team of volunteers.
Please see below for a list of the current volunteer roles available with us.
• Meet and greet members and visitors to MRCL in a friendly and courteous manner
• Provide help and advice to visitors and members
• Issue and receive books
• Sign up new library users
• Support the Supervising Library Assistant with ad hoc tasks
• Help people to use the computers and access the internet
• Ensure that any issues are reported to the Volunteer Team Leader in a timely manner
• Ensure that MRCL is kept clean, tidy and accessible at all times
Organise activity sessions aimed at increasing visitor numbers to the library
Ensure that all resources are organised for the sessions
Support and supervise library assistants involved in any activities
Ensure that the library is left clean and safe after each activity session
Work with the Trustees to suggest ways to improve the current activities offered by the library